50% of your time will be spent working with our Japan, China, and Southeast Asia teams (all based in Shanghai) consulting & assisting them with the following:
- Work with operational teams in Japan, China and other regions to build and operate highly educational half day, subject-specific experiences which can be inserted into longer itineraries. This may involve some short business trip to countries where we operate
- Be informed on trends and developments in educational travel, in order to educate operational teams about these in training sessions and meetings
- Review materials produced by the operational teams (such as new itineraries and activity descriptions), to ensure they speak the “language of education” with correct English and grammar, and effectively showcase the educational experiences we offer.
The other 50% of your time will be spent in our China educational programs team with the following responsibilities:
- Risk assess activities
- Recruit and train trip leaders
- Create materials for trips leaders
- Review feedback from school and create suggested action points as a result
- Host pre-departure phone calls with lead teachers
- Attend school meetings to brief schools on all details of the programs
- Occasionally join teachers on site recces if requested
- Occasionally join trips like a trip leader (If more than three times per year then there will be an additional payment for this)
- Passion for educational travel. Experience operating educational tours in Asia.
- Writing. Strong English writing ability
- Proven interest in educational trends
- Verbal Communication: Ability to train and inspire a team of program leaders.
- Organized. Able to manage a wide range of responsibilities
- Innovative. Create forward-thinking strategies to allow the Learning Adventure to create world leading educational experiences on our trips
- Resilient. Withstand periods of high pressure and occassional emergencies