Published Tuesday, April 30
WSE SCHOLAR Foreign Teacher:
- As a WSE SCHOLAR Foreign Teacher you will be responsible for delivering 1-on-1 classes to young learners (YL), both face-to-face and online
- You will be responsible for delivering the learning outcomes of SCHOLAR courses, centered around giving students the ability to complete real-world English tasks
- You will travel around the city, helping students where they need us the most, and engaging students with YL-appropriate topics
- You will use a task-based methodology, giving students the chance to experience real-world English tasks with your support and guidance
- You will develop students life competencies, from creativity and critical thinking to social responsibility and emotional development
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for teachers with an enthusiasm for helping young people to develop as English users and as individuals. Teachers who are empathetic to the ‘teenage worldview’ and are passionate about engaging students, not just going through the motions. Teachers with high levels of language awareness who are able to provide students with the language support they need when they need it, and who understand the important of students doing rather than listening. Most importantly, we need teachers who are passionate and positive and detail-oriented.
How to be a top performer?
- Focus on the SCHOLAR learning outcomes - giving students real world ability;
- Detailed planning before the class and detailed reporting after the class;
- Interested in professional development, meaning classes are always improving, and attending training is a delight;
- Open to traveling around the city and teaching face-to-face when required; open to teach online when needed;
- Flexibility with unforeseen schedule changes;
- Communicate with other teachers to ensure students have a smooth learning journey;
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Z work visa and resident permit provided
- Full coverage medical insurance through our insurance provider Pingan Medical
- Up to 10 days hotel stay provided upon arrival
- You get to choose where to live! We provide the assistance with finding accommodation
- 11 days of Chinese national holidays plus 10 days of paid leave/5 days for part time. Backpacking through Thailand? Surfing in Bali? Trying amazing dishes in Osaka? Let us know in advance and take loads of pics
- Mandarin Chinese lessons for beginners. Highly recommended.
- New hire training, plus ongoing seminars and workshops
- Career development opportunities
- Possible relocation to new city, center or country
- Visa process and medical check reimbursement
- Student and staff referral bonus system
- Airport Pickup
- 40 hours a week minimum, including travel, planning, reporting, and approx 20 hours ‘classroom’ time
- Competitive salary with bonus based on extra classes taught
- Travel and mobile phone allowance
- A passport from an English Native Speaking country (United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland)
- University degree, Bachelor’s or above
- 120 Hour TEFL / CELTA / TESOL certification (or similar)
- 24 months full-time English teaching experience is a plus
- No criminal history
- Willing to work weekends
This job listing has expired and is no longer open for applications