We are looking for a quality engineer who will be responsible for maintaining our companies’ quality standards with our manufacturers. You will be frequently travelling to our manufacturers to ensure they are producing our goods according to our standards. You will be constantly in contact with our European customers to discuss quality related matters, and ensuring that our manufacturers are making our parts conform specification.
Scope and responsibilities
- Communicate quality issues with customers, producers and internally
- Check products on-site and in the office – dimensional analysis, material strength etc.
- Check & ensure quality procedures at the manufacturing site
- Make sure findings are documented orderly for everyone to access
- Consult purchasers on drawing completeness and most efficient production processes
- Consult customer on the improvement of their product specification and production feasibility
- Perform factory audits and produce reports
- Implement quality assurance procedures
- Be responsible for continuous improvement of the quality assurance processes
- 4+ years experience in mechanical engineering / manufacturing / QC field
- Ability to understand technical drawings & 3D designs
- Ability to create technical drawings in solidworks an advantage
- Minimum, Technical vocational education
- Good understanding of production methods
- Good technical ability and understanding
- Sufficient verbal / written English, Chinese a pre
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding of automotive PPAP and IMDS terminology a pre.
- Willingness to travel