Salary: nicely paid!, depending on skills and experience
Working hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, with some evenings work for events
Location: The Bund
It currently operates 6 outlets and consults for another 2, with a focus on Spanish sexy tapas!
EL WILLY FUN F&B GROUP has ambitious plans for growth, and is aiming to at least double the size of our group and impact by 2020. In order to achieve this we must ensure that we have the right people to enable us to expand whilst continuing to deliver a high standard of service to our patrons.
To address this we have recently developed a communication strategy. We are now seeking a Public Relations and Communications who, working with the wider staff team, can help drive this forward. This role will manage and deliver our PR, communications and event activities.
We are committed to providing an enjoyable, relaxed and productive working environment. Equally, we expect that
our employees are serious about the commitment they make to the group and their colleagues.
You will play an essential role in our plans to grow the company by being responsible for:
- Developing our innovative brands – to ensure our staff, venues and digital profile consistently reflect our values and proposition
- Driving our Public Relations activities - to raise our profile with our key target local audiences
- Increasing the reach and quality of our communications - to create better awareness of our activities, performance and proposition
- You will directly report to the Managing Partner and will work closely with the Marketing Manager.
- Key Tasks
- Oversee the management of our brands, in particular EL WILLY on the Bund restaurant
- Ensure digital and non-digital marketing materials are consistent with our brand. Ensure the digital media platforms across the company are up to date and have relevant content – including our websites and social media platforms
- Manage the PR, Communications budget, drive our Public Relations activities
- Be the internal expert and go-to person for advice and support on PR activities. In particular, you will provide guidance and support to the venue managers in this area of work
- Oversee our media profile. This will involve directly liaising with journalists, responding to press enquiries as well as proactively generating coverage to promote our work and impact. Create a structured communication platform in social networks for both EL WILLY brand and “Willy” chef-owner himself
- Managing relationship with digital booking platforms (Dianping, City Dining, etc.)
- Organize events that are targeting local audiences (corporate clients) and link them with Spanish culture and lifestyle
And most important:
Launch of a powerful CRM software in our 3 venues in Shanghai that gathers our list of VIPs and creates a periodical communication with them, extending our reach to corporate clients with a special focus on local customers. Implementing strategies to nurture our database with more active followers on Wechat while developing new contacts with FORTUNE 500 companies in Shanghai, airlines, and other relevant communities in Shanghai.
Our sexy candidate should be “hungry” and have the following 8 qualities :
- Proven experience of working in a Public Relations, media or communications role
- Excellent verbal and written communication bilingual skills with experience of producing press releases, copywriting, etc
- Experience of developing, implementing and delivering communication strategies
- Experience of organizing corporate events
- Good IT skills with specific experience of using a range of social media platforms
- Experience of building and maintaining strong links with local media
- Ability to develop relationships with a wider range of customers, including high net worth individuals
- A passion for socializing and for awesome food