The world’s leading management consulting firm is seeking an experienced communications professional to support its communications strategy and engagement initiatives in Greater China. This role will work closely with the China Regional Leader for People and the Head of External Communications.
Working closely with a dynamic team of professionals in Greater China and globally, you will help tell Company Greater China’s story, to our colleagues and external audiences globally by writing, editing, and publishing English-language content in a variety of print and digital formats and channels.
Effective storytelling is essential to excite, motivate and create a shared sense of purpose among our colleagues as we grow our work and impact across the region. Importantly, you will be responsible for creating a range of written and multimedia content for internal audiences, including writing colleague profiles, writing and editing internal news stories, and writing video scripts.
You will also provide extensive developmental editing and copyediting support for our research reports, articles, and blog posts; write and edit copy for our websites (external and intranet) and printed marketing materials, and craft social media summaries and blurbs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a communications and engagement plan to tell our China region story, taking into consideration internal and external audiences
- Work directly with China region Chairman and leadership team to develop communications; including speeches, presentations, articles etc.
- Play a lead role on all internal communications, messaging and selected events for China region (e.g., townhalls, across-office emails, videos, retreat)
- Work closely with our People team in China to understand people initiatives and corresponding communications needed (e.g., participate in cohort focus groups, PD team problem solving sessions)
- Deploy messaging across multiple channels that resonate with our stakeholders (e.g., email, newsletter, intranet, video, Wechat, townhalls)
- Native speaker and writer of English
- A minimum of 7-8 years of experience writing and editing stories for external and internal publication
- A passion for storytelling backed by deep experience of telling stories that people want to read and share
Ability to think creatively and proactively, and continuously propose fresh ideas for stories
- The ability to copyedit your own work to create flawless, publishable copy with minimal editorial oversight
- Experience in multimedia content production and social media content creation
- Experience using a range of content management, social media scheduling, multimedia production, and web analytics applications
- The maturity and confidence to work closely as a thought partner to our senior partners and consultants to help shape their stories for external and internal audiences
- Outstanding organization skills and the ability to meet (and beat) deadlines
- Commitment to excellence and a mindset of continuous learning and professional development
- Excellent team player willing to proactively and cheerfully help others
- We strongly favor candidates with basic proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese