SmartShanghai.com is expanding, and we are looking for someone to help us grow our business. Based in our downtown office in Shanghai, the right candidate will be working with the Director and sales team on improving and expanding our current business, advancing and executing new sales and marketing strategies.
You'll work in a small, integrated, mixed team with native English-speaking and Chinese editors, graphic designers, and account managing business-types. We're at the heart of Shanghai's online media; a job with us will provide a unique opportunity to participate in its growth (and world domination, of course). We offer a creative, relaxed, but stimulating work environment, flexible holidays and work hours, and an above-market salary.
SmartShanghai.com is Shanghai’s leading online city guide magazine. We provide original editorial content, daily events listings, a full-scale dining and nightlife directory, direct newsletters, a housing classified section, a job board, an online dating section, and more, more, more. We endeavor to be a unique and indispensable source for information for living, eating, drinking, shopping, seeing, working, experiencing everything in Shanghai.
SmartTicket.cn is Shanghai’s first and most trusted English-language online ticketing handling platform. SmartTicket endeavors to connect clients with pre-sale tickets to the shows they want to see, all done online with the click of a button. SmartTicket offers access to music concerts, large-scale sporting events, classical and orchestral concert events, stage and musical performances, one-off parties and more, working with basically every Shanghai and China-based promoter.
Generally speaking, the position break down into three main areas: Sales, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Support our sales team in resource acquisition (identifying business opportunities, networking, attending events, expanding our portfolio of clients)
- Liaise with high-level and strategic PR partners and advertising agencies to upgrade our client portfolio from smaller independent business to larger international clients
- Review and improve our internal sales process and implement sales tools and CRM software solutions
- Update our sales material, create new Media Kits and packages for different types of clients (e.g. Hotels, Consulates, International Commercial Enterprises)
- Implement new sales channels to diversify our in-house sales strategies (e.g. cold calling strategies)
- Ensure client satisfaction and introduce after-sales tools to improve our return sales figures
- Review and oversee communications between our sales team and clients, offer training, and suggest improvements
- Develop new products (e.g. in-app banners) and open up our sales to new industries (e.g. Eduction, Health, Family sectors)
- Identify and execute event-sponsoring opportunities for SmartShanghai.com and CreativeHunt.com in Shanghai and internationally
- Source the most effective advertisement opportunities for our sites to reach new readers, especially new arriving residents (e.g. airport advertisement channels, travel guide books…)
- Strengthen SmartShanghai.com’s visual presence at F&B venues in Shanghai (e.g. with door-stickers, badges, promotional give-aways, etc.)
- Develop new ideas on how we can make better use of our social media presence
- Plan and execute SmartShanghai.com and CreativeHunt.com events
- Prepare material to present the company to clients and potential investors
- Support the team with ongoing projects, e.g. sourcing and implementing online payment solutions that work in Mainland China
- Contact travel providers, event companies, and trade shows to source business opportunities for SmartShanghai.com as a content provider for Shanghai-related event and venue content
When applying, please use the the phrase 'BD Application' in your subject line (we just want to make sure you've actually fully read this ad).
- Local Chinese or Chinese passport holder
- A background in Sales and BD with at least four years of previous work experience in the internet, media, or publishing business
- 26+ years old
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated English and Chinese, written and oral — additional languages are a plus
- We are a design driven company and excellent PowerPoint skills and a good eye for design and layout are an absolute must
- Already in Shanghai China is a big plus