The benefits of working with us
- Fun and Rewarding experience– You’ll gain experience working with awesome, supportive colleagues and bright students.
- Competitive Pay– We appreciate good quality work and reward people for it.
- Professional Development Allowance - We help support those who want to learn and grow. After working in Storyland for one year, we will reimburse up to $1000 per year for any learning program that you are passionate about.
- Base salary 20,000-24000 RMB per month.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance in China.
- Performance Bonus incentive. You will be eligible for pay increases and bonuses based on feedback from classes.
- 7-12 Paid leave days + fixed paid holidays + public holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Work-at-home hours
- Tools for the job - If needed we will provide a laptop and materials for workshops
What you will do？ (responsibilities)
- Deliver high-quality and engaging online classes to kids ages 4-14. Classes will range from 1.5 minutes to 3 hours per session. Class groups will have 8 students max. Classes will be delivered on a regular schedule, ranging from 12 to 15 weeks.
- Independently craft lesson plans that meet learning objectives of the curriculum.
- Coach students in the library, encouraging them to maintain a good reading habit.
- Use Project-Based Learning to help students complete projects.
- Mark journals and homework assignments with constructive feedback.
- Monitor student progress over the course of the workshop and communicate any suggestions or concerns about students.
- Design & pitch new classes that connects with your passions and our student’s educational goals.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to craft new, exciting teaching methods and approaches to student learning.
- Staying current and reading books that are relevant to literature and writing instruction.
- Meet with Reading Consultants regularly to discuss students.
- Attend weekly meetings with Head Teachers
- Attend at least two teacher development training sessions
Key competencies include
- Workshop Delivery and Teaching – ability to plan organize and teach lessons according a curriculum that deliver on educational goals.
- Student Engagement – can connect with students and engage them as a teacher and mentor for their learning.
- Teamwork – able to work within the context of a team.
- Literacy Education – knowledge and application of learning methodology for improving and expanding literacy skills in students.
- Organization – ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Communication – Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Cultural Competency – ability to demonstrate empathy toward people from a different background and cultures.
You’ll succeed with (requirements)
- Four-year undergraduate degree ( or higher) and at least two years post-graduation work experience.
- TESOL/TEFL certificate is a plus, not necessary.
- Teaching License is a plus
- Warm personality paired with a collaborative attitude.
- A passion for teaching students and helping others grow.
- A love for stories and storytelling
- A clear English-speaking voice, without minimal accent.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
- You are able to work during times that our students are available. Typically Wednesday to Sunday
- Able to teach 20-25 contact hours per week.
- Eligible to work and live in Mainland China.
Changshu Center, near Line 1/7, Changshu Station.
Hengshan Center, near Line 1/7, Hengshan Rd Station.
Caobao Center, near Line 1/12, Caobao Rd Station.
All three centers are 5 minutes walk to metro station.