University English Teacher
Published Wednesday, December 16
- Teach Oral English to classes of around 40 university students
- Fifteen 90-minute classes per week
- Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
- Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
- Hold a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English (USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and South Africa)
- Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
- no teaching experience is needed if you have bachelor degree majored in education, language or teaching, or native teaching license, or qualified international ESL teaching certificates, such as CELTA or TEFL certificate.
- Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom – training provided)
- 15,500 RMB per calendar month (11,000 basic salary + 4500 housing allowance), with paid winter holiday for around 4 weeks
- One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help in finding permanent accommodation provided.
- 5,000 RMB end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance)
- 5,000 RMB contract-renewal bonus
- Travel allowance up to 8000rmb paid at end of the contract
- Help with costs pertaining to relocation
- offers medical insurance.
- On-going teacher development
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
- Team dinners/trips to nearby sights
This job listing has expired and is no longer open for applications