- Ensure high-quality materials by reviewing and refining the existing curriculum.
- Develop new, comprehensive courses and materials.
- Deliver a wide range of new and existing content.
- Help students succeed through constructive grading of their work.
At JadeClass, we think you should get paid for the time and energy you devote to your classes, so course development and grading time are built into your schedule. Our class materials are comprehensive which takes away the time spent planning individual lessons, and we have a support team to track student performance, leaving you free to focus on your curriculum objectives and your teaching.
During the spring and fall semesters, we adhere to the following schedule except when government-required rescheduling occurs:
- 16 hours of teaching per week on Saturday and Sunday.
- 24 hours of office work per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
During our 6-week summer session, teachers have their teaching hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and their office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- A competitive salary of 28,000 to 35,000 RMB per month.
- 10 paid vacation days per year in addition to standard Chinese holidays.
- Annual airfare reimbursement of up to 8,000 RMB.
- Health insurance.
- Visa processing.
- Two consecutive days off per week.
- Airport pickup and 300 RMB/day hotel reimbursement for up to 1 week (for overseas arrivals).
- Assistance with acquiring housing, paying bills, obtaining a cell phone, obtaining a metro card, etc. (Salary advance is available for relocation purposes).
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience (with references). A degree in education or a 120-hour TEFL/TESOL can replace teaching experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with common teaching methods and an insight into how students learn.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to both collaborate on projects and to work independently, as the situation requires.
- Positive attitude with an ability to receive criticism and adapt to new methodologies.
- Native English speaker
- Experience developing course materials and assessments
- Experience living and working in China
- Licensed teacher
Please send us your resume(with photo) along with a one-minute self-introdcution video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
JadeClass is an English language training center that provides English enrichment education to bright Chinese students who plan on attending university abroad. Our students vary in age from 6-16 and are carefully screened for English level, behavior, and motivation. We select only the most motivated students and help them not only achieve success in testing but also in adapting to a Western-style learning atmosphere—a model we have been perfecting since our founding in 2008.
Our current program offerings include small-group classes in ESL, literature, creative writing, science, mathematics, social studies, and history.
We are seeking talented educators to collaborate with our existing team of teachers and curriculum designers. In particular, this person will have experience teaching middle and high school literature courses and will be able to help us revise and expand our literature curriculum.
To learn more about JadeClass, visit us at https://www.jadeclass-sg.com/
Xuhui District, Shanghai, China