Published Monday, July 20
The Shanghai development studio of Merfolk Games is looking for a full-time Systems Designer to design, balance, and optimize in-game mechanics for CryptoCrusades, as well as the studio's subsequent projects.
We need someone creative, flexible, and proactive to:
- Optimize game systems, including: balancing components like resource costs/in-game timing, trade systems, crafting systems, and skills/abilities.
- Work closely with the programming team to implement innovative new mechanics and changes to existing mechanics to improve the user experience of our games.
- Design in-game economies to be straightforward and fun.
- Design and implement surveys to gather relevant feedback about the players’ in-game experience.
- Manage the company's Live Ops: analyze game data to adjust relevant mechanics.
- Brainstorm monetization strategies and general gameplay with the CEO and programming team.
- Be adaptable to the variety of needs and work requirements of a startup.
- 7-hour work day, 5-day work week.
- A fun, friendly close-knit collaborative team that is passionate about gaming.
- Small international startup with a global outlook.
- Competitive salary.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Game Design, Mathematics, Statistics, Programming, or a related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in Systems Design or related career.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Mandarin.
- Programming Experience: Unity, C#, and VBA.
- Experience launching a game.
- Experience with Live Ops.
- Familiarity with multiplayer and strategy games.
- Knowledge with mobile gaming culture and monetization.
- Passionate about game mechanics.
- Thrives in a startup environment.
- Interest in blockchain technology.
This job listing has expired and is no longer open for applications