We are seeking a motivated and savvy CONTENT EDITOR to support our content publishing needs in a fast-paced start-up work environment full of a bunch of foodies who love tech. You will work with the Content and Marketing team to create, edit and curate compelling and engaging content for our audience.
This is a rewarding and rich position that requires someone with excellent written communication skills, great instincts for making content engaging and accessible, with a love for food. We're looking for someone with a laser focus on deadlines, a strong understanding of how to bring visuals and text together to make a piece cohesive, as well as a broad operating range who can act quickly against the day-to-day execution.
What you'll do
- Reviewing copy to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended audience
- Correcting grammar and spelling and verifying illustrations, images and captions are correct
- Ensuring the text is in line with SideChef's 'house style' - for example, that hyphens, capital letters, and optional spellings are used consistently
- Working closely with multiple teams to keep content timelines on track and ensuring high standards of quality
- Participating in concept brainstorms for upcoming campaigns when necessary
- Writing short-form articles and listicles
- Working with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed
- Uploading relevant content to applicable Web properties through the content management system and ensure content displays and functions correctly
Writing skills. Editors must ensure that all written content has correct grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Editors must be able to write clearly and logically, with a love of and feel for all things food and the English language.
- Copyediting certificate or 2-4 years proven copy editing experience
- Ideally experience copyediting for a print and/or digital publication, or for an agency
- Familiarity with AP formatting and guidelines
- Creativity - Editors must be creative, curious, and knowledgeable in a broad range of topics on food
Attention to detail. One of the editor’s main tasks is to make sure that material is error-free and matches the style of a publication.
Good judgment. Editors must have the ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines and keep track of multiple campaigns.
Interpersonal skills. In working with writers, editors must have tact and the ability to guide and encourage them in their work.