Martin Rehkopp's Biography
Since 1990 he works as culture manager in Rheine (North-West Germany) and contemporary art freelance curator
In the last 15-20 years he organized more or less 250 exhibitions, many of them in cooperation with nonprofit private art societies and public museums in Germany, with art-academies around the world and with state of "half-state"-art organizations in Poland, Belarus, Lithuania, Netherlands, Portugal, India, Namibia. He organizes festivals of Classic, Music, Jazz, Rock etc. and works as adviser of private culture-clubs in Rheine and as
coordinator for more than 700 culture-programms in different cities.
- the federalistic system of the cultural structure and culture-financing in Germany.
(tradition since the 17th-century)
- sponsoring and state- and "half"-state culture-financing.
- situation of contemporary art outside of the big metropolis (which are a little bit smaller than in China. ( for example: Frankfurt has only less than 800.000 only four cities Munich, Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin have more than
1.000.000) and cultural-cooperation outside the big metropolis inhabitants.
- the philosophy of the international culture-center former monastery Bentlage in Rheine, where Martin Rehkopp bureau is placed.
- introduction next year project in Westphalia
I'm not on SmartShanghai.com dating yet. Join Now