As is the case with most things during lockdown, there are a few different ways to get what you need — in this case, meds — if you need them. If one venue doesn't work, try another. If that doesn't work, try another. Such is life these days...
Long story short, it is possible to get prescription and non-prescription medicine delivered to you. Here's a quick look at how. For non-prescription meds, all four of these will work (theoretically). For prescription meds, look at option 2.
- The easiest way right now is to talk to your neighborhood committee directly. Volunteers will go to pharmacies or hospitals to get medicine on your behalf, based on your needs or your prescription record.
- Some of the international hospitals now offer online consultancy services. As part of the consulting session they can prescribe medicine and can also help you purchase it, and get it deliver it to your compound. This is the easiest way if you don't previously have a prescription. Scroll down for a quick list of international hospitals.
- If you're not dealing with something overly serious and speak Chinese, you can make inquiries regarding medicines over the HealthCloud app. Look for this section on the homepage — "我要配药" — meaning "I need medicine". Going through that connects you with a doctor you can explain your situation to.
- Pharmacies have been operating on Ele.me and Meituan for the duration of the lockdown. Service has been spotty due to the lack of delivery drivers but is getting better. NOTE: This option can work for over-the-counter medicine. If you need prescription medicine, you have to go through the "Emergency" button on the app homepage. More details on how to navigate that below.
Getting Medicine from International Hospitals
The following hospitals now offer online consultancy and can help to prescribe and get medicine delivered:
- SinoUnitedHealth offers online consultancy with doctors from General Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Eye clinic, ENT, and Psychiatry. Information here.
- Jiahui Health provides online video appointments with their physicians across several specialties, including Family Medicine, GI, Surgery, Pediatrics, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Dermatology, ENT, Dentistry and Ophthalmology. Click here to learn more and book.
- Shanghai United Family Hospital offers video consultation services through their Internet Hospital starting from only 100rmb per session. Online medicine prescription for all patient available. Click here for details.
How to Order Medicine From Ele.me
Ele.me now offers pick-up service for pharmacies that are still open, which is similar to Shansong. You need to wait for some delivery guy to accept your order and then go fetch the medicine for you. As stated above, the delivery of prescription medicines is prohibited except in an emergency situation.
If you have immediate needs for medicals, including prescription meds, press the "Emergency" service recently added by the app. That brings you to a webform that you fill out, describing the specific type of medicine you're looking for. Here is a full translation of the information you have to fill in. Once you submit the form, a person will call you directly to discuss your situation and options.
Again, going through a consultancy at an international hospital is easier — Jiahui is 24 hours too — but if you need more options, this one's there.
Open the Ele.me app (search for 饿了么 on the app stores) then click the 应急特需 button. Then follow the steps below.