Usually, Shanghai’s churches will host a number of Easter events, but due to the COVID regulations, foreign language religious services have been canceled until further notice. This means that international churches cannot hold in-person services this Easter or even normal mass. Additionally, many (but not all) Chinese-language services will require a Chinese ID to attend, as well as obviously be in Chinese.
Despite the case, there are a number of churches, fellowships and groups hosting online programs. Check out their websites below for more information:
- Abundant Grace International Fellowship (English) in Pudong
- International Church Service (English) in Hongqiao
- Shanghai Community Fellowship (English) in Xuhui
- Shanghai West International Fellowship (English) in Western Shanghai
- Thanksgiving English Fellowship (English) in Pudong
- Deutschsprachige Christliche Gemeinde (German) in Huangpu
- Korean United Church (Korean) in Hongqiao
Wanting to keep an eye out on other Easter-related events? Then head to the Events Directory. How about knowing more about churches in Shanghai? Well here is the Venue Directory.